Happy National Bubble Bath Day! Meant to recognize the importance of bubble baths to overall health and wellness, National Bubble Bath Day is celebrated annually on January 8th. Though you can enjoy a bubble bath any day of the year, today is a great day to sit back and relax in a steaming hot bathtub full of lightly scented bubbles.
Soaking baths have been around for years – ages, even! Egyptian, Greek, Chinese and Japanese cultures have all used hot baths for their therapeutic benefits. Not only are baths ultra-relaxing, but some studies support the notion that baths can have health benefits, too, like the regulation of blood sugar and the improvement of one’s mood.
This year, why not celebrate National Bubble Bath Day by whipping up a DIY bath of your own? It’s very simple to create an indulgent bubble bath mix at home, using many items you might already have at your disposal. Check out this wonderful recipe, which takes only 10 minutes tops to make and yields enough bubble bath for 4-6 baths.
• 1/2 cup light almond oil
• 1 egg white
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1/2 cup liquid Castile soap
• 1/2 teaspoon chamomile essential oil
• 1/2 teaspoon lavender essential oil
• Using a jar or bottle with an airtight lid, combine the almond oil, egg white, and honey. Blend well. Add the Castile soap and the essential oils.
• Mix all ingredients well by placing the lid on the jar and giving it a really good shake or by stirring with a spoon or fork.
• Your bubble bath blend is ready to use! Pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup under running water at the desired temperature. When you’re done, store the remaining bubble bath in the refrigerator.
Want to lead a life well-lived? Start by engaging your mind with interesting, informative material, like these tips and tricks from The Mitchell Lofts, the premier apartments in Dallas, Texas!