Preparing the perfect meal for your family can be a challenge—to say the least. With delightful recipe suggestions from The Mitchell Lofts Apartments in Dallas, Texas, you all are sure to eat well every day of the week!
If you’re looking for a new perfect meal to make on any night of the week, these Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches are composed of only five simple ingredients and make an excellent lunch or dinner – and, don’t forget about all the leftovers you’ll have, too! As a home chef, you should always be open-minded to new culinary possibilities, so step away from the grill and use your slow cooker for some melt-in-your-mouth pork, instead! Get started by checking out the ingredients and directions for this easy-to-follow recipe below:
• 1 ½ to 2 pounds of pork roast
• 1 envelope dried onion soup mix
• Salt and pepper
• 1 can root beer
• 2 cups of barbecue sauce
• 10 hamburger buns
1. Place the thawed pork roast on a countertop and sprinkle with the dried soup mix. Pat the soup mix all over the roast. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and place in the crockpot.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the can of root beer and half a cup of barbecue sauce. Pour the mixture over the roast.
3. Place the lid on the crockpot and cook on low heat for 6 1/2 to 7 hours. Remove the roast from the crockpot and shred it with two forks, then remove all but about a cup of the juice.
4. Put the shredded pork in the crockpot with the cup of juice, then add the remaining barbecue sauce. Stir it into the meat and cook on high for 15 to 20 minutes to get the meat warm.
5. Serve with hamburger buns and toppings as desired. Enjoy!