It does not get much simpler than fish tacos for weeknight dinners! Flavorful and healthy, fish tacos are a snap to create on a busy weeknight or over the weekend, when you’d like a health-minded dish that takes minutes to pull together. This recipe for Easy Fish Tacos calls for budget-friendly tilapia and cabbage slaw, which packs in the flavor. Add these two components to a corn tortilla, and voila – dinner is served!
• 4 tilapia fillets
• ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon cumin
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• 16 corn tortillas
• cilantro, to taste
• lime, to taste
For the cabbage slaw:
• 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
• ½ cup red onion, diced
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1 lime, juiced
• ¼ teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, combine green cabbage, red onion, sour cream, lime juice, and salt. Chill until ready to serve.
2. In a bowl, mix cayenne, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Season each tilapia fillet on both sides with the seasoning mix.
3. Over medium-high heat, cook 2 fillets at a time for 8 minutes, flipping halfway. Repeat for the remaining fillets. Using a fork, break apart the fillets into bite-size pieces.
4. Right before serving, heat the corn tortillas in the pan over high heat. Remove from the pan and assemble the tacos with the cabbage slaw and tilapia.
5. Garnish with cilantro and lime juice. Enjoy!
After a long day, it can be tempting to order take-out for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at The Mitchell Lofts, the premier apartments in Dallas, Texas would like to suggest this delicious alternative!