You’ve heard many times that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Although its importance cannot be stressed enough, it’s much easier to skip out on a meal if it means waking up just a little later. That’s why we suggest preparing Overnight Oatmeal with Strawberries. Made with oats, brown sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and fresh strawberries, this oatmeal will keep your belly full until lunch rolls around. Plus, you make it the night before, so this recipe requires zero effort early in the morning.
• 3/4 cup non-fat milk
• 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1/3 cup strawberries
• 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 3 drops pure almond extract
• Kosher salt
• 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
• 2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
1. The night before you want to enjoy your overnight oats, combine the milk, oats, strawberries, brown sugar, lemon zest, vanilla, almond extract, and a pinch of salt in a glass pint jar or other containers with a lid.
2. Secure the lid and shake.
3. Refrigerate at least 6 hours, or overnight.
4. In the morning, top with the almonds and drizzle with honey.
Coming up with new meal ideas can be a challenge. Luckily, The Mitchell Lofts Apartments, the premier apartments in Dallas, Texas, makes it easy by presenting tasty options, such as this one!