Preparing the perfect meal for your family can be a challenge—to say the least. With delightful recipe suggestions from The Mitchell Lofts, the premier apartments in Dallas, Texas, you all are sure to eat well every day of the week!
This recipe for Shrimp Parmesan, for instance, is sure to be a crowd pleaser within your household. Creamy, delicious, and filling, this take on the Italian classic, Chicken Parmesan, is made with battered and fried shrimp, marinara sauce, and mozzarella. Trust us – you’ll be salivating over it before you even plate the pasta. Take a peek at the ingredients needed below, as well as the directions.
- 12 ounces jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 32-ounce jar marinara
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Mix the eggs, parmesan, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Dip each shrimp into the batter, coating all sides. Place the shrimp in the skillet and allow the egg and parmesan to form a crust, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, or any oven safe skillet, add the marinara sauce. Heat over medium until the sauce is heated through. Place the shrimp on top of the marinara sauce, then top each shrimp with one tablespoon of shredded mozzarella.
- Turn your broiler on high and place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the cheese melts and starts to brown, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the broiler and top with grated parmesan and chopped fresh parsley for garnish. Serve with your favorite low carb pasta alternative.