Cinnamon Cake is great in the morning, late at night, when you’re solo, or when you have company over. This quintessential cake is easy to make, enjoyed by all, and can even help you clean out your pantry since it requires small amounts of several different ingredients. Follow this recipe for a delicious treat your family will request again and again.
• 3 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon
• 3/4 cup butter softened
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup sour milk (to make sour milk add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to 1 cup measure and top off with milk, let sit for about 10-15 minutes)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Pre-heat oven to 325° Fahrenheit.
2. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Then, add the eggs and beat until fluffy.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add dry ingredients alternately with sour milk, ending with sour milk to creamed mixture. Add vanilla and mix well.
6. Spoon 1/3 of the batter into a greased 8" springform pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cinnamon mixture. Spoon another 1/3 of the batter on top, then remaining cinnamon mixture and then top with the remaining batter.
7. Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and dry.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool. Enjoy!
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of The Mitchell Lofts, the premier apartments in Dallas, Texas.