When you think of a loft apartment—like The Mitchell Lofts in the Deep Ellum neighborhood of Dallas, TX—what comes to mind? If you picture high ceilings, exposed rafters, large windows, and open floor plans, you’ve got the right idea! True, loft-style living doesn’t appeal to everyone, but is it right for you? Consider the features and benefits of renting a loft to help you decide.
Features of a Loft
Open-concept lofts have a distinctly industrial feel and are anything but cookie cutter. Converted from former warehouses or industrial buildings, luxurious loft apartments are often located in metro areas and facilitate an urban lifestyle. Like studio apartments, lofts have few interior walls. However, the living space is much larger, with floor plans ranging from around 700 square feet to over 2,000 square feet.
Benefits of Loft-Style Living
Now that you understand what a loft apartment is, consider the benefits of living in such a unique place:
- Hip, urban vibes: There’s no trendier place to live in Dallas than a luxurious multifamily apartment community like The Mitchell Lofts. Our historic building has a fascinating history dating back to 1928, evidenced by the heavy timber columns, steel beams, and exposed brick walls found in every unit and community space.
- Design flexibility: The expansive open living areas of our loft apartments are accented by upgraded kitchens, private bathrooms, large walk-in closets, and wood or polished concrete floors. With no walls to define the bedroom, living room, or kitchen, you have complete freedom to set up the space and decorate the way you want.
- Spacious living area: The open floor plan of a loft apartment allows you to create micro spaces for reading, exercising, or watching TV. The lack of interior walls also makes a loft ideal for entertaining a crowd. And with huge industrial windows allowing sunlight to pour in, you never feel confined.
Drawbacks of Loft-Style Living
Even with all the perks, some people have reservations about renting a loft apartment. Let’s address the most common concerns:
- Utility bills: A larger floor plan and higher ceilings naturally equate to more expensive heating and cooling costs. Luckily, The Mitchell Lofts building has been beautifully renovated with efficiency in mind to help keep your utility bills down.
- Storage space: While some lofts may lack traditional storage, The Mitchell Lofts floor plans boast one or more spacious walk-in closets and plenty of cabinet space for all your essentials.
- Privacy: Great for singles and couples, lofts aren’t ideal for platonic roommates or families with children. Fortunately, it’s easy to add privacy where you need it using curtains, bookcases, sliding barn doors, and room dividers.
The Mitchell Lofts is nestled in the up-and-coming Deep Ellum neighborhood, where rich culture, music, and nightlife are all within walking distance. Our loft apartments come in a wide range of one- and two-bedroom floor plans, with premium amenities that allow for a maintenance-free lifestyle. Call 214-247-6798 to schedule a tour, and find out if loft-style living is right for you!