If you’re looking for a place to rent, you may wonder about the various terms used in rental listings. Loft, apartment, studio—what’s the difference? In short, think of a loft as a large studio or airy apartment. Here are seven features you can expect to find in a loft apartment, including those at The Mitchell Lofts in Dallas, TX.
- Rich, industrial history: Authentic lofts are industrial buildings converted into residential living spaces. Such units are called “hard lofts” and boast a fascinating history. For instance, The Mitchell Lofts dates back to 1928. The building still showcases the original heavy timber columns, steel beams, and exposed brickwork.
- Urban location: Around the turn of the 20th century, industrial buildings were constructed close to city centers to serve as hubs in densely populated areas. Therefore, most luxurious loft apartments are located in metro areas. Living at The Mitchell Lofts makes it easy to enjoy an urban lifestyle, with rich culture, music, and nightlife all within walking distance.
- Distinctly industrial feel: The historic nature of hard lofts means they feature exposed rafters, pipes, and ductwork. This aesthetic is extremely fun to live in and decorate. In fact, it’s so popular that “soft lofts” have come along. These newer constructions mimic old-world industrial charm by intentionally exposing building elements and pairing them with modern fixtures and finishes.
- Large, open floor plans: Like studio apartments, lofts have few interior walls. However, the living space is much larger. Compared to a typical 600-square-foot studio, loft floor plans range from around 700 square feet to over 2,000 square feet. This spacious layout makes a loft ideal for entertaining a crowd. And when you need privacy, it’s easy to add curtains, bookcases, sliding barn doors, or room dividers.
- High ceilings: Lofts get their name from the lofty ceiling heights they offer. While studios almost always have standard 8- or 9-foot ceilings, lofts offer ceilings that are 10 feet or taller to create an open, airy feel. Coupled with huge industrial windows that let natural light pour in, you’ll never feel confined.
- One-of-a-kind style: Luxurious loft apartments are anything but cookie cutter. In fact, of the 79 units at The Mitchell Lofts, 72 of them have unique floor plans. Plus, with no walls to define the bedroom, living room, or kitchen, you have complete freedom to set up the space exactly how you want.
- Beautifully renovated interiors: Not all loft rentals are updated for a modern lifestyle, but those at The Mitchell Lofts certainly have! Expect upgraded kitchens and bathrooms, large walk-in closets, and wood or beautifully polished concrete floors in every unit.
The Mitchell Lofts is nestled in the up-and-coming Deep Ellum neighborhood. The area and the building itself have a rich history that you’ll love being a part of. Our residents enjoy premium amenities like an enclosed pool, 24-hour fitness center, picturesque BBQ area, and private parking garage. Interested in learning more? Call us at 214-247-6798 to request a tour today!